|The project is still going full speed ahead. I'm only repairing
parts at this stage. since I will try to get
all the paperwork done and get the car thru Svensk Bilprovning (Government inspection). So if you think I'm taking shortcuts, please
have patience I will do it properly later. And its nice to be able to drive it in the summers and do repairs in the long Swedish winters.
|First i only cleaned up the steering column, but later i had to replace the bearings to get it work properly.||
|I cleaned up the firewall with a wire brush on my angle grinder, and there was quite a bit of good old Bondo on it.|
|Check out the "homemade" battery shelf that have been "restored" to original. It was quite common to do this battery shelf modification.|
|A quick masking and some more flat black paint.|
|I sprayed the rear fender wells also to get the same feeling as the rest of the junk.|
|Mikael helped me to lift over the body to the original frame, from
the old junk frame i had borrowed.
|A quick roll out to check out the "new" car. The grandchild's had to test it to.|
|Do you remember the shock mount's?|
|Well they did not work out perfect :-( But instead of adjusting the mount i cut a couple of holes in the rusty floor. Will cover them with some steel later on. And when i do it properly when i repair the floor.|
|Henrik came with his 32 Chassie, so the 33 project halted for a couple of weeks.|
|After taking it apart and painting all the parts separate, he assembled it again and was of to his place|
|Back in the garage it was time for the engine startup.|
|First i had to clean up the Lucas Dizzy. it's NOS, but it needed some sanding of the points, to start working.|
|I added a set of original type cables, I mounted one cable at the time. And checking with the Ohm meter after each cable.|
|Last but not least the wire from the coil was added.|
|I hooked up an old oil pressure gauge, for the first startup, of my "renovated" engine.|
|Added a rubber gas line from the fuel pump thru a hole in the firewall.
| Checkout this link for some moving pictures of the engine running
|A quick check of the fit of the gas tank, I realized that i had to open it up for a cleanup.|
|I marked for a hole on the top side.|
|To cut the hole i used a thin disc (1 mm thick).|
|Opening up the tank, showed that it was full of rust.
|Quick a lot of rust.|
|Even the "lid" was full of rust.|
|Be sure to tuck in the shirt, not harm done this time, but be sure to use proper protection.|
|One hour later it looked better.|
|Cleaned it out with water and let it dry in the sun. There will be more on this later on.|
|Time for some woodwork,|
|I had a bit of the old door post wood, and recreated a new door post.|
|Many hours to get this fit of the door, but it's needs many more hours to get it perfect. but it will do for now.|
|The wood in the door has probably been replaced over the time. Nice work though.|
|As you see there is more work to get the doors to fit in the front. But this will have to wait until the next Webb update.|
Copyright © 2008 Flatlanders, All rights reserved.
No pictures on this home page may be reproduced without written permission of the WEB master.